Monday 17 March 2008

Brave Yarn Addicts - I salute you

Please allow me to indulge in some gushing. Thank you to the brave knitters who came out in yesterday's stinking heat and actually bought yarn. By 11:00 our market customers had mostly bugged out to cooler locales, but that didn't stop my knitting sisters coming by and purchasing before the heat really set in.

And set in it did. I've managed to survive the last few weeks, but yesterday? Well, that one did me in folks. I'm still not sure how I got home with heat stroke, but I did.

Artyarn Update: I will update the soy yarn colourways, so have a look towards the end of the week, when photos and more dyeing become possible. More banana palm silk and some dyed aloo are on the whiteboard for this week.

I've supplemented the laceweight merino colourways with glorious marine-inspired hanks.

Artwear Update: As soon as the change comes through, more vests and bags are slated for the workroom. And a big thank you to the brave customer who tried on a vest in 40 degree heat yesterday!

Stay cool Adelaidians! One more day!

Previews:

1) The new issue of Yarn Mag will be out shortly and includes one of my new sock patterns in Tofutsies. As soon as I get the issue, I will post availability.

2) If Sundays aren't the go for you, mark your calendars for the second weekend in April, when SIO will be at The Handknitters SA, Inc. Bi-Annual Exhibition, "Picture This": AT:

St. Peters Town Hall
Payneham Road
Sat and Sun 10-5

Gold Coin Donation and a fantastic raffle.

Come by and GET INSPIRED!

No comments: