Sunday 11 May 2008

Soooo Sari...

Greetings from the Land of Oz:

A few words about recycled sari silk. Not all sari silks are the same. There are gorgeous, chunky ribbons silks, there are the looser-spun silks in the most OUTRAGEOUS range of wonderful colours (available from several vendors around Adelaide and beyond) and there's SIOz's sari silk, a different animal yet again.

Why I stock a particular sari silk -- the one I stock is more finely, thinly spun, and less prone to fuzzing to disintegration than some other types. I've stocked the one I find very knitter-friendly. Because it is thinner and tighter than the average sari silk, and made from 100% recycled silk, it is priced accordingly at $10.00 per 100 grams. I confess, I actually buy sari silk from neighbor vendors if it's the colours I like and MUST HAVE.

So, try some sari silk from Stranded In Oz. You won't be... SORRY. (apologies)

Advice on using sari silk: be SURE to purchase the latest issue of Yarn Magazine (see previous blog entry for other info re) for it's fantastic article on using recycled silk. Great, readable, practical advice.

No comments: