Friday 12 September 2008

In transit.... with wool and needles

Hello from Pennsylvania! SIOz is on the road at present. But for those of you in Oz, the market shop is open every Sunday as normal -- thanks to some fibre fanatic friends - Kaviare and Vellan -- and my partner, Richard. Should you have any questions regarding designs and yarns from SIOz, please don't hesitate to ask -- I'm online as usual and the stall is full of things to get you inspired to make something for you and yours. I really missed my market Sunday last week. It was strange not being there (esp. going through hot donut withdrawal).

Just finished reading the new FELT, from Interweave. Cover to cover in one sitting, 'natch. And the needlefelted beagles? You just have to have a look. No affiliation to said publication, just admiring the talent it takes to do the kind of work displayed in those pages. The last issue sold out, so if you see it on the newstand, grab it.

Festival on the US schedule:

Garden State Annual Sheep and Fiber Festival:
October 4th and 5th at the Hunterdon County Fairgrounds - Saturday and Sunday 9-5

Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival:
October 25th and 26th Ruritan Fairgrounds, Berryville VA - 10-5 each day

In between festivals, I'll be doing workshops around the eastern seaboard of the US of A, including some freeform madness with the North Country Spinners. Can't wait to meet them.

Just when I thought I wouldn't fit in any more fun --- it's off to the North Country Fibre Fallout -- an entire weekend of inspiration. I've managed to squeeze myself into the Sandy Terp lace workshop. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks again to you for checking in to SIOz news. Stay tuned for photos and updates.

Sincerely, Melissa

No comments: