Tuesday 28 October 2008

Thank you Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival!

A giant thank you to the organisers fo the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Festival for putting on such a fabulous weekend. Everyone was incredibly nice and I had a fantastic time meeting all the knitters, spinners, and weavers. Each wool producer there had beautiful fleeces -- it was incredibly hard to decide what to buy.

I will be posting links from a few of my favourites -- please be sure to check out their webpages and make sure you BUY wool from them. You will not regret it one teensy bit. Not only are their fleeces, roving, top, and yarns lovely, but the people who grow and make them are outstanding human beings.

What I loved best, besides the enormous show of craft talent? 3 blissful days of NO POLITICS. Besides the odd comment here and there, the show was a haven away from the media saturation frenzy inflicted upon the inhabitants of this beautiful land. I wonder if there is such a thing as media pollution? Can we get rid of it like rubbish? IN THE BIN.

More when I wake from my post-fest stupor!
m, back in Easton, MD

No comments: