Wednesday 11 February 2009

Whew! Where did last week go?



Twea Cosy

Twea Cosy -- New SIOz design -- shown in 2cup and 1cup pot sizes and knitting in the funky SWTC Therapi yarn (made from wool, silk, and Jadeite (made from recycled jade!). This pattern is free with a purchase of SIOz yarn. I've had this around the place and realised I'd better get it to the market!





Hello knitters, spinners, felters, crocheters, all you fibre nuts. The past 2 weeks have offered a series of dizzying headaches (the non-physical kind). Whenever I felt like it was all too hard, I just had to turn on the radio or tv and remind myself that my "issues" we zero, zilch, nada compared to our neighbours in Victoria. I worry about my husband's family in South Gippsland, but am told they are too far from Wilson's Prom and Churchill to be in danger. Let's hope so.

Thank you to my online customers. I know you have to take the extra effort to send your orders and I don't take that lightly. If you don't like online shopping, I'm happy to chat on the phone the old-fashioned way.

And a big thanks to those customers who took the plunge and purchased their spindles last weekend. If you get stuck, come by on Sunday and we'll have a spin together. The spindle pictured in the previous post has been sold, but there are several similar ones in stock. There are a few of the old ones on non-fancy shafts that are less expensive. It's best to try them out, but if you are interstate or overseas, just email and let me know what you would like to spin (yarn weight) so I can send the right spindle.

What came off the dye table last week:



Pure Cotton Chenille in 4-ply equiv/fingering weight $7.50 per 50 gm hank

I've noticed Aussie knitters aren't fans of cotton knitting, but this cotton chenille is outrageously cushy and makes fabulous face washers. Go on, indulge. There are some very beautiful luxury viscoses dyed in the same lot, as well as some banana palm silk. Above are: dark persimmon, spring green (less bright, more sagey in chenille), and beast/cookie monster, which dyed up a nice tealy blue on this fibre. There are some silk scarves dyed to match this chenille, so you could knit or crochet a groovy hat to go with your silk scarf. See previous persimmon cut velvet scarf posting.



McLaren Vale Soysilk Lace 100 gm/1000 m $45.00



McLaren Vale Merino Lace 50gm hanks/approx 400m $15.00



Sherwood Forest Fine Australian Merino 50gm/450m $15.00



A serendipity mix of blues/greens in 100% pure silk -- sort of lace weight/light 3plyish
$30.00 per 100gm hank (non-repeatable blend) I dyed this hank with the last of the dye from a run of silk shawl painting.

No comments: