Sunday 14 June 2009

This week from SIOz

Well, I may not have been able to get to Knit in Public Day festivities yest, but some of us surely made up for it today at the Port Market!

Thanks to Leslie, Eric, and Raphael for coming by today -- we had a fun time chatting, some of us knitting (Eric had one of his fab beanies with him) and, for the big surprise, Raphael insisted on giving me one of his AMAZING market bags -- made from SIOz aloo. I promise photos this week of this awesome crocheted creation. I cannot wait to take my aussie market bag to the Sock Summit and plan to fill it -- good market karma bag. With the bag came some very special fisherman's linen twine -- the real mccoy -- no longer made. I will cherish it until I can find the appropriate project to use it. It's a v. kewl olivey green (my fave) and would make a v. kewl rug. Must opine some more.

By now it is clear I will not be at the Port after July (only temporarily). I'm off overseas to do shows and festivals. That doesn't mean the special crafters in Adelaide will miss out, as I've scheduled regular shipments of SIOz yarns to come back to Adelaide. My sister, Bitsyknits, and I will be dyeing yarn all spring/autumn (depending on your hemisphere!) and so, the SIOz story will continue. I look forward to getting my annual fix of wool from my fave Yankie mill and painting some outrageously fun yarn.

My stall will stay open with the help of fantastic people who will be able to talk about knitting, crochet and all matters wooly. I will post days, when appropriate, on who will be where. I am hoping to coax a fave spinner into making the occasional appearance so you can come by and talk spinning too.

Whew -- now to this week -- SIOz will be at the Brighton Organics and Healthy Living Market one more time before Bendigo Sheep and Wool and all points northern. I'll be featuring UNDYED fibres -- so if you want something pure and natural to knit, come on over this Thurs from 9:30-12:30. Richard -- the coffee guru -- will be there and he makes a nice cup of joe!

And thanks to everyone who came by today to talk wool, fibre, and all things crafty. A big hello to the peeps from Marden -- can't wait to see what you do with your fibre finds. 

CU at the markets, Mel, SIOz

No comments: