Thursday 13 August 2009

Huge thank yous!

We survived, mum and I -- Sock Summit 2009 is done and dusted!

Very large thank yous in order to:

My awesome new customers who came by, had a squeeze or two of the beaut Aussie wool, and went away with our yarn in hand. Knit it in good health! And thanks so much for taking the time to check out SIOz.

Jonelle, Kat, Jonette, Gianna, and Sophia from SWTC -- they were the rockin'est neighbours and heaps of fun throughout the mayhem and madness of a show. Their good humour and relief for toilet and coffee breaks were greatly appreciated. And thank you to Kit from Yarnzone for doing up the "I had great sox in Portland" t-shirts. They were fun to wear and sell.

More thanks to Sheri and the Loopy Ewe crew, my next-door neighbours. They tempted me too much with their groovy Namaste buddy boxes! Yeah, couldn't resist those puppies. Zoik!

Way too much to say about the SS and am still, frankly, buggered! I only left the booth for the toilet, coffee, or the very average salads from the concession in the OCC. I'm told Portland is a nice city, but can't verify, as only saw the inside of the OCC for 5 days. Sorry folks, no travelogue here.

I'll update as soon as the dust settles -- stay tuned for show #2 -- I'll be at the Garden State Sheep Breeders show with Bitsyknits in Sept.

R. continues to slave away on the new website -- again apologies for computer glitches! It's to be expected when under construction. So if you place an order, be sure to email me on:

strandedinoz AT gmail DOT com and I will get back to you within 24 hrs or so -- I'm on Yanktime at the moment. Or if you prefer, just ring the number(s) listed on the webpage for a real time order with R.

With sincere thanks, M

No comments: