Sunday 11 October 2009

Pit Stop before Shenandoah Fiber Arts Festival

G'day from Easton.

Well, the travel finally caught up with me -- I'm a bit under the weather, but not to worry. I'll be in Easton to recuperate and to work on designs and new colours before heading to VA and the Shenandoah Fiber Arts Festival, third weekend in October.

It was a fantastic show last year -- if you live in the DC area, it's incredibly close, just a drive not far beyond Dulles Airport, or so it seemed to me last year.

New SIOz yarns have arrived in Australia -- you can check them out at Stitch Culture, VIC as well as Near and Far, TAS.

As I promised, I've collected some incredible yarns and fibres during my travels all of which will head back to Oz very soon. Included in the shipment -- some amazing merino/tencel spinning fibre and some hard-to-find, independently-produced yarns. I'll be posting availability of these lots when they are ready for sale.

Thank you to everyone who purchased SIOz yarns and fibres at the VT Sheep and Wool Festival, Tunbridge VA. When I'm not coughing up a lung, I'll be writing more about what an incredible experience it was.

Happy Spring to my Aussie customers. Happy Autumn to my American customers (and Canadians, who were so nice to meet at VT). I'm gearing up for my annual Halloweenfest!

Keep knitting -- spinning -- crocheting... Mel, in Easton, MD

No comments: