Monday 8 February 2010

It was a Scorcher!

Sunday at the Markets was a warm one this past weekend. Kinda toasty up top, where I'm at. Nice tin roof to keep us baking. 

In spite of the heat, some intrepid fibre addicts made there way there earlier in the day. Thanks to the Chill Out knitters -- it was nice to meet some of you and I look forward to Mondays at the Wheatsheaf, Thebarton.

Dyelots for this week include: Bayou Sauvage. If you liked Woodland Creatures, you'll like this one. Put up in my thinner sock wool -- 100% 3ply merino. Great for scarves, shawls, gloves, and socks. I HEART this colourway and hope you will too.

CLUBS: thank you to everyone who's already joined up. Reminder, Adelaide customers who want to save some $, email your order and I'll invoice you manually for your membership, minus the $8.00 postage.

I'll be braving the heat and painting more banana silk as well as more of the unbelievably soft cotton lace. A number of my customers have said they've had bad experiences working with cotton. Yup, if you have one, you'll be hesitant in trying another, but this cotton is so soft, so well-spun, it will change your minds. Not to mention, at $10.00AU per hank it's just a fantastic yarn for shawls and baby's garments. 

 

SIOz Cotton Lightweight in Wild Mix One $10.00/50gm

See you at the Markets, Melissa


No comments: