Sunday 17 October 2010

MMMM special sock yarn from Kollage - Sock-a-licious!


For all you Ravelers, check out kzooerica's shot of the special hand-painted sock yarn I've been painting, the new Kollage Sock-a-licious: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kzooerica/simple-things

I have to say, this was the test hank of the first run, a blend of purples, blues, and greens. I regret not stashing a hank and yes, it's long gone. There are hanks of this yarn left from the last show and I will endeavour to load them onto the shop next week -- it's a one-time-only availability of Kollage Sock-a-licious painted by yours truly.

I've been sternly warned by Mark at Kollage that it's not going be available, un-dyed, again (sniffle), so I really agonised over the colourways as you can imagine. Sock-a-licious is a luxury blend of merino, mulberry (yes, mulberry) silk, and a bit of nylon for you sock knitters.

Frankly, it's so luxurious, I think Erica is right to make a shawl out of it.

zooerica's small things in ltd edition Stranded Silk Sock

No comments: