Wednesday 15 July 2009

We're Packing for Bendigo Sheep and Wool

Nepal Singles shown in Sherwood Forest

Hello and thank you to everyone sending messages. CU all at Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show. SIOz will be in Osborne #33 . I'll be featuring show only specials, like the fabulous tiny boucles that sold last year. They're in limited supply, so get in early for those. Back? The outrageous hanks of teensy weensy loop boucle mohair. 1 hank is enough for an enormous shawl!

Bendigo Show features: sock wool and a large assortment of 8ply wool, including my popular winter floral range. 

Bendigo Show Bags: they're free with a $40 purchase and supplies are limited PER DAY. This is so my Melbourne customers coming up for the day have a chance to score a goodie bag.  I've been told that $40 is too low a price (my friends, they look out for me), but hey -- I don't think so. It's just my way of saying thank you to the early birds.

While I'm at shows, look out for Eric Corbin, an Adelaide textile arts student at Marden, who will be selling my yarn and supplies at the Port Adelaide Fishermen's Wharf Markets. Eric will be selling his knitted and felted creations as well. They're quite different from my own work and it's a chance for you to see more from another Adelaidian.

For all my customers, should you have requests for yarn, fibres, patterns, etc... I will remain online, regardless of where I am. Orders will go out as normal. If you ring my number, Richard, my order and IT guru (he's working on the webpage), can answer your queries and take your orders.

Kollage needles: the order is going in next week, so do let me know if you have a needle size requirement.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Stitch Markers made for 

strandedinoz by quiltr2 for BBT Swap 2009!

A big thank you to my Raverly swap buddy quiltr2, who made the above set of stitch markers FOR ME! We're in the Big Bang Theory Swap and I just LOVE these. Aren't they clever? Sheldon fans, unite!

CU at the Shows and Market!

2 comments:

2_frogs said...

Loved your bendi stall... Bonus to see that fine merino being spun as well. The micro mohair boucle is amazing... And the matching sherwood silk/mohair... I can feel a shawl coming on :)

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

Thanks! So glad you are enjoying the yarns. It was a great show.