Thursday 6 May 2010

Does it look like soot to you?

Spindlebrat's scarf knitted in SIOz handspun Nepalese lace singles

Isn't this scarf pretty? Spindlebrat on Ravelry made this from some yarn I left at the Spinnery in Vt -- I happily swapped the yarn with her -- she is such an ace tour guide and all around interesting person to meet. I went away with some cones of singles that I was eyeing -- the cone ends are in a bin in the shop and I just love them -- natural cotton singles, odd bits of different natural wools. So cool.

The colourway of this scarf is part of a series of winter florals I did.

Was dyeing some cashmere/wool in grays for a commission and couldn't resist adding some 3ply to the lot. The black went all feral and blue and it's really nice. What to make with it?

Back to the deadline. m


No comments: