Friday 23 July 2010

Bon Voyage Part I

8ply Australian Merino (feltable)

The fun and madness that is SIOz on the road has started (this is all a good thing btw, it's just a logistical exercise that tests my organisational skills). Thanks heaps to everyone who made the SIOz BSWS 2010 experience such a success. It was great to catch up with you all.

Big thanks to Tara (Rav fiestywench) for her awesome organisation of Rav events this year. Thanks to Jen for letting me join in the fun with the Bendi Bingo! May the best spinner/knitter win!

Port Shop updates (the shop blog will be updated soon, but deadlines, yet again, loom large):

To start it off, I will be selling from lots destined for the US of A. They are due to ship out (Part I) next week, but like last year, I wanted to give my Adelaide customers a fair perusal and squeeze before the yarn and fibre went bye bye.

So, this weekend, if you come to the Port Markets, have a good look at:

A -- the main trading table, where the fresh yarn will be...
B -- the lone hank hampers, where the lone hanks from the Sheep Show live. All items in these bins are discounted (I don't do this at any other time usually) and this weekend, will include the lone hanks straight from the BSWS lots. Some beauties will be in there... at 20% off.
C -- new lots of spinning fibre, including Bitsyknits lovely Blue Hulaballoo superwash wool and alpaca blend -- perfect for spinning sock wool, an outrageously soft superfine merino and a pretty lot of merino/lyocel in red florals that I am coveting.
D -- new lots for the ridiculously under-priced luxury yarn ball bin, including new lots of alpaca blends, some very nice balls of wool boucle (with a touch of cashmere), and assorted other cools stuff my pals in Turkey sent over. Oooooh. No time to knit for me, but you can take advantage of the cools yarns in that bin.

The online shop has been depleted due to show and Port Market sales, but a new stock of Namaste is due in next week, including more spring bag colours (LIME!) as the shipment has been sent. Still awaiting the circ cases (totally sold out d00ds!), but I intend to be first in line for the new lots due in a few weeks. Check the shopblog for those details.

CU at the Port Markets and online, M

No comments: