Friday 9 July 2010

Hello From Sunny Adelaide, just. Time for Knitting

Alpaca/Wool 50/50 blend in dk in Floral Purple at the Port Markets

The countdown begins til the yarn, fibre, and assorted knitting and spinning fun gets packed to head off to Bendigo. For details on what's in store at the show, check the shop blog.

It's a very schizophrenic time of year for me. I am dyeing for both Bendigo and Aussies as well as the lots that get shipped to the US of A for the Fall festival Season stateside.

I've written on and off about how important it is that I base my business locally, and it's always hard for me to run off for several months to trade overseas. I miss my Richard and my Lyta, but it is part of what I do.

Chunky Merino in Puny Human at the Port Markets

To say thanks to my customers in Adelaide, I will repeat last year's previews. Out for sale for one Sunday, July 25th, at the Port Markets, will be the yarns that I'm shipping to the US. Fresh yarn lots and all are special runs. Check the SIOz shop blog for details after next weekend, upon SIOz's return from Bendigo.

Thank you to the kind folks at the Brighton Organics and Healthy Living Markets (every Thurs. am at the Brighton Masonic Hall). SIOz will be there every 2nd and 4th Thursday until the end of August.

CU at the Markets.

No comments: