Saturday 22 January 2011

Saturday Summer Distractions and Knitting

It finally feels like summer here in Adelaide. We seem to love talking about the temperature around here. I guess when you live near beautiful beaches and hills, it's important to know if you're planning a weekend outing.

I have to say thanks whenever I get the chance to those who keep sending their email good wishes regarding my healing leg. I am happy to report that while I am gimpy, I am still around the place and gearing up for painting in 2011. The leg and foot don't look great, but continue to mend and I'm hopeful the surgeon next week will think so too.

So it's now onward to 2011 painting. And first up are the club yarns and fibres. I'm getting a bit excited! Tofutsies is the first yarn to hit the dyetable and I really enjoy painting it. Jonelle at SWTC continues to indulge my love of this all-purpose 4ply/fingering weight yarn. And I keep finding new uses for it in my own knitting.

Richard, computer nerd that he is, has worked a plug-in for my webpage for those of you who check out the webshop on your mobile phones. Thank you to the people who emailed suggestions! Let me know how you go with that.

In the meantime, I think I mentioned the other day regarding yarn distractions. My friends know I'm not exactly miss glamourpuss, but I've been distracted by new yarns, including anything shiny (new metallics). It's like cooking with cayenne pepper, a little goes a long way with me. Been experimenting with colour-matching the yarn samples so that the effect is more subtle than 70's disco BLAM metallic. You may remember the full gold lame look? But hey, if that is your thing (and I bet there are people who can pull it off) then why not? It's your knitting right?

It's back to the socks and HP Tofutsies on the needles. Til next time, m

No comments: