Friday 28 January 2011

Where Did the Week Go?

Luxury Merino 4ply (superfine Australian, feltable and great for shawls, socks, and baby knits


Infatuation Bamboo Sock Yarn from Stranded In Oz

Finished a test sock in the new bamboo/wool Infatuation. The photo doesn't do justice to the wonderfully soft yarn! I'm rather picky when it comes to sock yarns, so wasn't sure if I'd like Infatuation. After all, I'm a Tofutsieholic. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a great wool and bamboo sock yarn blend, check it out! Plenty loaded at the SIOz online shop. Even in the blazing heat of this week, intrepid knitters have snarfled this yarn up!



Long Shot Vest (SWTC pattern by me)-- it's often the case that once I've done a design for a yarn co or mag, I don't see the garment again -- distance makes it sometimes silly for the thing to go to and fro. Anyway, while Long Shot was done a while back, I got busy working on other designs and neglected one for myself. Above are some progress close up shots. The first is a pic of the side and a better view than previous of the stitch used. It's an asymetrical chevron stitch that keeps mesmerising me. The second photo a close up of a revised edge finish. I liked the edge of the first one as it was pretty straight forward, but I like this second one better. Easier to finish if you are impatient and hangs nicely.

Am hoping to put the final touches on in time for the weekend, but I suspect that is a silly notion.

Happy Knitting, spinning, even in the HEAT of the weekend here in Adelaide. It's back to socks in this weather!

No comments: