Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year's Holiday Trading and New Sock Yarn

Happy New Year! Stranded In Oz is trading at the Port Markets this weekend both Sunday and Monday, Jan 2nd and 3rd, from 9am to 5pm. Last weekend was good fun -- I love it when it gets noisy -- knitting is FUN! Special thanks to Kate and Colleen and Leslie, who dragged her sis along, and all the others who came by for a chat and some wool.

I must admit, the hot weather took all my energy today. The first really hot day of the year usually does that to me. No matter, as I hid in the bedroom with a fan, finishing the final bit of edging on my garter stitch Way Over the Rainbow hand-spun shawl. This poor project gets bumped every time I have work due, so it has taken forever to finish. It needs a good blocking! Now where are those bobbins I wound to ply that McLaren Vale laceweight, spun from Polworth? That's been sitting there, waiting to be plied for, yes, a year.

In the meantime, I'm working on the Long Shot vest -- and of course -- decided to change the edging. As soon as I'm finished, I'll blog post the edging option.

Long Shot Vest close up of stitch pattern

New Sock Yarn -- the new bamboo sock yarn, Infatuation, has arrived and is loaded on the online shop for you to peruse and purchase. I will have stock at the market this weekend for you to snarfle. Besides Tofutsies, I generally do not carry commercially-dyed sock yarns, but this one? I just LOVE it. Soft, squidgy, and in very wearable colours. For me, this yarn is not a substitute for Tofutsies, the all-purpose, all 'round excellent yarn for Aussie weather, but it is a lovely addition to the SWTC line. This yarn may just be too soft and luxurious for socks and might end up as a cami, or perhaps as baby wear. On the other hand, why not spoil your feet?
Infatuation Sock Yarn by SWTC now available

No comments: