Wednesday 11 May 2011

Not sick of sock knitting. Nup


Foreground: Stranded Sock 100gm/360m superwash wool
spun for sock knitters

Greetings from Oz central, otherwise known as the place where 100gm hanks of superwash woolly goodness threaten to bury the inhabitants.

That's right -- Mr. Delivery D00D arrived this am with my much-anticipated boxes of socky fun. Only problem? It came un-dyed. I somehow forgot to clone myself in an alternate universe, dye it, then ship it to myself over here. Ah well.

In the midst of the wool pile, I'm immersed in some sock designs - what else would I be doing right now?

I was thinking as I unpacked boxes -- I tend to design in my head doing other things -- that it's the minutia of knitting stitches that attracts my attention. Tweak this, swap that, and suddenly, the whole thing looks different. As you can imagine, I spend a lot of time doing this.

So this week, I have in front of me 2 very different projects -- a completely natural sock (I like to work in un-dyed yarn as a change of pace) as well as a decidedly oceany blue sock.

Ravelry: thank you to everyone who has joined us at Oz Central on la Rav. Some of you very clever knitters are already taking advantage of the Thanks For Joining SIOz on Rav discount of 15% off your next order. This offer is only good on regularly-priced items and is a one-time only offer. No additional discounts apply. And yes, it's good on Namaste, Inc. products, thanks for asking.

Want to join the fun? Join Rav, the SIOz group, then email me at melissa AT strandedinoz DOT com and I'll send you the handy discount code. Most of the time I can figure out who you all are, but sometimes your fun Ravatar names don't immediately connect to your 'real' names.

No comments: