Thursday 26 May 2011

New Article by SIOz in YARN Issue 22



Ahoy Mate-eees! It's time for the Winter issue of YARN magazine, the Aussie Indie mag for fibre addicts. And in this issue you will find an article by yours truly. It's a rather short description of my thoughts on wool and Aussieness. I was rather sedate in my commentary, which for those of you who've discussed the issue of global business and local wool selling, will already be familiar. If you'd like to read this issue, I've loaded copies on my webshop. And if you have any little pirates around you, you may just have to knit one for them.

Dye! My Pretties! - the newest SIOz sock yarn is available in the first colourways of the season. I'm very excited about this yarn as it is a really nice match between yarn type and the way I paint. The results are just what I was looking for in a sock yarn for 2011.

Keeping it brief for now, as the worktable awaits, M

2 comments:

Tamsie said...

How exciting! I'll look for the magazine in the book store!
Tamsie

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

Hey Tamsie! If you haven't read YARN before, you should check it out. It's an Aussie take on all things yarnie.