Thursday 2 June 2011

Socks Away, tidying up, moving forward

I have a deadline hangover. That's right -- the files are emailed, the garments have been confirmed received (until they are confirmed safe, there's that few days where you think, AusPost, please make sure the hand-knitted X arrives safely. Puh-leeeese).

And today, I have a deadline hangover. Hearing slightly off (that could just be the Van Halen hangover from the 80's -- no earplugs, head in giant Marshall stack), slightly dizzy, prone to napping with doggie.

And just when I thought it was safe to go to the computer, there are more files that need attention.

Today, I've tidied up the webshop a bit, added a few colours to the Dye! My Pretties! range, including the very subtle, very soft and pretty Blue and Paler Purple WF Mix. The colour shifts are very subtle in this dyelot -- the photo just doesn't capture this at all!


Dye! My Pretties in Blue and Paler Purples

I've also uploaded new photos of some of the Merino 4 Naturals yarns -- my fave scarf yarn at the moment.




Destined for the needles: new designs for 2011 and 2012. More socks, more shawls, and some more larger projects. I've been obsessed with a cardigan idea on and off for way too long and that needs my attention.

There's a heap of news regarding SIOz and shows both here in Australia and my work in the USA. Will try to keep you posted asap. Stay Tuned. First up of course is Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show in July. I hope to see some of you there!

Club Updates: the yarn and fibre are ready to rock and roll. I'm fully subbed on the lots that are ready. If you've been thinking of joining, the subs for the second half of the year are open. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding. I'm pretty damned excited about June's sock. The colour is decidedly DARK and rich -- just right for a warm pair of socks or a lovely winter scarf.

As much as I want to sneak a piccie on the blog, I don't want to ruin the surprise for the subscribers. The colourway for both clubs is Melbourne Twilight -- a purple-dominated colour.

Off to giftwrap the darling husband's birthday gift. Tomorrow we celebrate by going to see the new X-Men flick. Yup, his choice for sure.

Best X-Men pic ever!

No comments: